9th IOC Residents Forum
APOS Orthodontic Residents Forum in 2020
The 9th IOC Residents Forum Award
Case Report Category
- 1st Prize
- Management of a patient with a maxillary fused central incisor
- Frantzeska Karkazi
- Department of Orthodontics, Marmara University, Istanbul, TURKEY
- 2nd Prize
- Craniofacial characteristics, malocclusions and successful orthodontic treatment results in 3 Diamond Blackfan Syndrome patients
- Satoshi Sasaki
- Division of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, JAPAN
- 3rd Prize
- Intrusion and distalization of upper molars for a patient with an Angle Class II acquired open bite with congenitally missing of three second premolars
- Yutaka Miyamoto
- Department of Orthodontics, Tsurumi University School of Dental Medicine, JAPAN
- 1st Prize
- The short-term effects of osteoporosis treatments on tooth movement during orthodontic treatment
- Takenobu Ishii
- Department of Orthodontics, Tokyo Dental College, JAPAN
- 2nd Prize
- Daidzein inhibits the relapse to promote osteogenic differentiation of human periodontal ligaments cells after orthodontic treatment
- Mioko Sakurai
- Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo, JAPAN
- 3rd Prize
- Predictability of overbite control with the Invisalign appliance
- Haylea Blundell
- School of Dentistry, The University of Queensland, AUSTRALIA
- Eric Liou
- Chair of the 9th IOC Residents Forum
- Peter Ngan, Kee-Joon Lee, Benedict Wilmes, Tanan Juraprakorn, Narayan Gandedkar
- The Award Judging Committee of the 9th IOC Residents Forum
We look forward to receiving your research papers and case reports!
The Asian Pacific Orthodontic Society (APOS) Residents Forum is a platform to provide windows for the orthodontic residents and their instructors/supervisors/program directors/chairmen from all of the Orthodontic Graduate Programs in the region and even in the world to promote social awareness and disciplines in orthodontic training through sharing their scientific researches and clinical cases.
In cooperation with the 9th International Orthodontic Congress (IOC), 12th Asian Pacific Orthodontic Conference (APOC), and the 79th Annual meeting of the Japanese Orthodontic Society (JOS) in 2020, the APOS Residents Forum is now open to all the orthodontic residents and their instructors/supervisors/program directors/chairmen not only from the region but also from all over the world!
The idea and concept of the APOS Residents Forum was first proposed and approved by the Executive Committee of APOS in 2014. Based on this, the 1st APOS Residents Forum was then hosted by the Taiwan Association of Orthodontists (TAO) in Taichung, Taiwan in 2015 with a great success. After the first successful Forum, it was followed by the 2nd APOS Residents Forum along with the 11th Asian Pacific Orthodontic Society Conference (APOC) held in Boracay, the Philippines in March 2018 hosted by the Association of Philippine Orthodontists (APO).
The 3rd APOC Residents Forum in 2020 is a one-day meeting, just a day before the joined meeting of the 9th IOC, 12th APOC, and 79th Annual meeting of JOS. We are expecting a total number of 198 presentations of research papers and case reports from all the orthodontic programs in the world. As usual, the best papers of presentation for researches or clinical cases for the year will be awarded.
You shouldn’t miss this APOS and World event no matter you are a resident, instructor, supervisor, program director, or a chairman!
If you are interested in the APOS Residents Forum, please go to the online submission page by clicking "Submit your abstract".
Please make sure to review the guidelines & instructions and regulations before submission of your abstract.
Submission deadline: Tuesday, 31st March 2020（UTC）
Abstract submission is closed.Thank you for your submission.
Submit your abstract
Guidelines & Instructions
Please use the following browsers to submit your abstract:
- Google Chrome
- Explorer (8 or above)
Method of Submission:
Abstracts should be written in English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication.
Please note that each person may submit up to 2 abstracts as a presenting author.
Abstracts submitted online via the 9th IOC Website. Faxed or e-mailed abstracts will not be accepted.
Abstract Title:Limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
Abstract Text:Limited to 250 words
Abstracts must use the following structured format:
This format shall not apply in case of “Case Report”, and the abstract can be organized into e.g. Objective, Case, Discussion and Summary.
We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words.
Tables, Graphs and Images:
The submitter is NOT allowed to upload any tables or graphs.
The submission form allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.
Confirmation of Submission:
After you submit your abstract, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. You can re-enter the submission link at any time to view and change your abstract until the deadline of the abstract submission.
If you do not receive any confirmation by e-mail please contact the Program Secretariat:
Notification of Acceptance:
As announced, the abstract acceptance notification will be deferred for the moment.
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
Presenting author’s contact details:
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone number
- Author and co-author’s details
-Full first and family name (s)
-Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital. City, state (if relevant), country
|2||Growth and development|
|4||Etiology and epidemiology|
|7||Biochemistry and molecular biology|
|14||Orthodontic appliances and treatment mechanics|
|17||Comprehensive dental treatment|
|18||Development of occlusion|
|21||Cleft lip and palate|
Poster Disclosure of Potential Conflicts of Interest
Please disclose any Conflicts of Interest to session attendees at the time of your presentation at the congress.
During the submission process you will be asked to confirm the following:
- I confirm that I have previewed this abstract and that all information is correct and in accordance to the abstract submission guidelines provided on the Congress website. I accept that the contents of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes my consent to publication (e.g. Congress website, program, other promotions, etc.)
- I warrant and represent that I am the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content ('Content') provided to the 9th IOC, c/o Congress Corporation (Hereafter: 'Organizers'). The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
- I grant the Organizers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract which does not comply with the above.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are correct, which will be used to notify me about the status of the abstract. I am responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
- I confirm that abstracts must be original and must not be or have been published or presented at any other meeting prior to the Congress.
- I confirms that the contact details saved in the system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.