9th IOC Educational Grants
The Japanese Orthodontic Society (JOS) in association with the World Federation of Orthodontists (WFO) is organizing the 9th International Orthodontic Congress taking place in Yokohama, October 4th-7th 2020.
Once every five years, the world’s leading orthodontists and allied professionals have the opportunity to meet, network and exchange knowledge and ideas with colleagues from across the globe. The Congress provides the ideal forum for orthodontists from around the world to improve their knowledge and clinical skills, and to enhance the science and art of orthodontics.
To help promote collaboration and exchange of information between individuals involved in orthodontics globally, educational grants are being made available to those who may wish to attend the conference from the developing world. This financial support aims to help cover the cost of accommodation and travel expenses whilst also waiving the conference fee.
In order to apply, abstract submission must be completed.
The Application Deadline is 31 March 2020（UTC）
Abstract Submission is closed.
Funds are limited and only applicants deemed to be most worthy will be given educational grants. In the event of over subscription, preference will be given to applicants satisfying the criteria who predominantly work in low-income countries as defined by the World Bank (see list Appendix 1)
Note: Please ensure that you are aware of the Visa Regulations for entering the Japan and that you make your application on time.
If you wish to attend the 9th International Orthodontic Congress but could have difficulty accessing the necessary resources, we invite you to apply for a grant.
Please note the following principles in this regard:
- The 9th IOC awards its grants according to the quality of the applicant’s application, including poster abstract as first/presenting author, and according to the degree of his or her financial need. Funds are limited and only applicants deemed to be most worthy to be awarded grants.
- Award of a grant carries with it the expectation that the recipients will make the most of their congress attendance in terms of learning about research, clinical techniques, and interacting with other delegates to promote future partnerships and collaboration. The 9th IOC would also request a report from the attendee outlining how the funding had benefitted them and their experiences from the 9th IOC Congress.
- The 9th IOC Educational Grants Committee reserves the right to determine the final amount of support. The congress registration fee will be provided for grant recipients by the 9th IOC Congress, along with a free ticket to IOC Post-Graduate Student Reception - sponsored by the AAO on October 5.
- Awards will be announced by the end of April 2020 to allow awardees time to book their journeys and obtain visas where necessary.
- The 9th IOC Educational Grants committee reserves the right to award or withhold its grants at its own discretion.
- Successful applicants will be asked to submit certain documents to the 9th IOC Educational Grants Committee prior to the Congress. We will provide further details in due course.
How to apply
In order to complete the grant application, you will first need to submit an abstract to the 9th IOC.
- Please submit your abstract through the 9th IOC Abstract Submission System.
- Please check the box "I apply for Educational Grant."
- Since the abstract acceptance notification will be deferred for the moment, the notification of the grant acceptance will also be postponed. We appreciate for your understanding.
- Grant will be provided to the grant recipients at the congress venue.
- Successful applicants will need to forward a short report (A4 size, 1 page) after the congress.
World Bank ranked low-income economies (updated 2019)
- Burkina Faso
- Central African Republic
- Congo, Dem. Rep
- Gambia, The
- Korea, Dem Rep.
- Sierra Leone
- South Sudan
- Syrian Arab Republic
- Yemen, Rep.
c/o Congrès Inc.
Onward Park Building, 3-10-5 Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-8276, Japan
Tel.: +81-3-3510-3740/ Fax.: +81-3-3510-3702